YACHT MANAGER- SIGNIFICANT SIMILAR EXPERIENCE IN THE SAME ROLE ONLY
NO PRIVATE MESSAGES ON WHATSAPP, FACEBOOK AND LINKEDIN PLEASE
About the Company
The company is an established player in the Yachting industry with dedicated operations in the fields of - Yacht Management, Yacht Brokerage and all exhaustive tasks involved in ensuring the smooth & profitable functioning of client’s boats/vessels.
They specialise in the comprehensive management of yachts from all possible perspectives, and offer the best owning experience to boat owners.
About the project
As the Yacht Manager, you would be in-charge of monitoring the overall operation and maintenance for multiple boats/vessels. This would include safety protocol management, crew management and accounting for the boat. You will also make sure that the technical equipment and systems on-board are functional, and the boat owners trust you to take care of the smooth functioning of the vessel.
We are looking an Experienced Yacht Manager ready to start working as soon as possbile and enter the company based in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, USA. This is a permanent position.
Maintaining a healthy relationship with the client boat owners or their representative, keeping your commercial reputation intact as a leader in Yacht Management.
Being the key point of contact, clearly understanding requirements of the boat owners in terms of yacht management
Identifying effective ways to deliver the best customized service to our high profile clients
Providing accurate consulting/guidance to clients based on market analysis/experience
Assisting the captain of the boat or the chief engineer and supporting them to deliver trustworthy and profitable operation of the vessel in compliance with the company guidelines
Assisting the crew to follow and implement all the required processes on board and making sure that everuthing is runned smoothly to ensure the best service delivery while on charter or on use while with owners
Managing & overseeing the yacht based projects and possible refits
Ensuring the correct certifications, adherence to class and flag requirements of the boats
Monitoring the budget compliance of your boat and timely financial performance
Preparing timely reports on the operational performance of your boats and present it to clients
Managing the overall functioning of every boat you are in-charge of, from a profitable, commercial and operational perspective
Actively involved in the strategic development of the company from the perspective of yacht management services and your footprint in the industry
Representing the company at important events such as annual boat shows, trade events, meetings/conferences
Staying updated with the relevant maritime laws based on location and ensuring the full adherence for your boat(s)
Implementing the company’s extensive safety protocols and emergency response procedures on board your vessel(s) and ensuring the overall safety of the personnel onboard the vessel(s)
Staying alert in identifying new opportunities in the domain of yacht management and active participation in the Cross-Selling of additional services for the company
For this management level position:
Skills & Qualifications required:
- You have a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience in a similar position
- You have experience as a Meng Naval architect and/or in maritime engineering AND/OR
- You ideally have a previous significant experience as a Captain or even as Chief Engineer on a commercial luxury yacht (minimum of 7 years) and you have handling all technical aspects previously, you have an extensive knowledge and understanding of technical matters and legal administrative work.
- You have successfully completed either of these three certification combinations: STCW 11/2 Certificate of Competency (Master Unlimited) OR
- STCW 111/2 Certificate of Competency (Chief Engineer Unlimited) OR
- ISM lead auditor, Designated Person Ashore, Company Security Officer
- You must be fluent in English and have a strong level in French, written, read and spoken
- Another language is a real plus
- You have a full international driver’s license
- You have a clean criminal record
Qualities, attributes and Soft Skills:
- You are able to multi-task with ease and prioritize your responsibilities efficiently, therefore you have good organiational skills
- You have an excellent eye for detail and don’t let any crucial details slip without your attention
- You have very strong sense of human relationship and therefore, you have possess extremely good managerial interpersonal skills to be able to cross manage several indidvuals evovling in different third parties such as suppliers, crews, owners and your own team
- You are perfectly autonomous but you also know to adapt and work within a team
- You have excellent communications skills and you stimulate your team in a posivite and active way
- You have a strong appetence for technology and computers, you can use a Mac and its tools, you are also a tech-savy.
SALARY & PACKAGE / Benefits & Incentives: Based on profil and experience - will be discussed orally
HOW TO APPLY TO THIS JOB OFFER ?
If you wish to apply to this job offer, please make sure you follow these instructions:
- you have registered on our website at www.marinescence.com
- and that you have created your profile (if your already have a profile, there is NO NEED TO CREATE A NEW ONE)
- While creating/completing your profile : A lot of questions are dedicated to crew members, please be aware you do not need to complete them.
- Please make sure you upload a detailed and updated CV in a PDF format.
- Feel free to email us once you have created / completed your profile at [email protected]
If your profile is not matching all criteria, we may not be able to get back to you due to the high influx of applications.
No application will be considered if the process mentioned above has not been followed initially.
No private messages on WhatsApp - No private messages on Facebook or LinkedIn please.Thank you for your understanding and looking forward to hear back from you shortly.