LIVE IN - HEAD HOUSEKEEPER / CHALET MANAGER POSITION - EXPERIENCED CANDIDATES ONLY
About the Chalet
It is an absolutely beautiful and luxurious Chalet located in Gstaad - Switzerland.
The Chalet is used by the owners and their guests.
The Chalet counts 5 bedrooms and can therefore welcome 10 guests.
There are 4 bedrooms dedicated for the staff and 4 private bathrooms for the team.
The Chalet is used to work under very high standards and responds to high demand.
We are looking for 1 Senior Housekeeper, who is ready to start working in December 2022 under a permanent contract.
This position is LIVE IN.
We are looking for someone with a significative experience as a Head Housekeeper and also someone willing to train her team and to also someone who is hands on - NOT just someone who wants to do management.
You will report directly to the owner.
You will in charge of managing the Housekeeper and the Nanny Housekeeper.
We are also looking for someone who is hands on and you will be also be doing the housekeeping and the laundry.
You will also be in charge of the service and table decoration. The other team members will assist you with the service.
You will have to be available 6 days per week. You will have a 12 hour shift with 2 hours of break in a day.
You will be working (60 hours/week).
You will manage 1 other Housekeeper and 1 Nanny-Housekeeper.
You will be doing the housekeeping and you will be taking care of the laundry, and you will need to check that the following tasks are correctly done, you will have to show the team how to proceed and you will also have to do the following tasks in order to help your team :
- Take care of all the duties in regards to the Laundry generally speaking
- Basically, you will in charge of all the clothes and all the linen when the family is around and all the linen of the Villa such as towels, bathrobes, bath mats, bed sheets, pillowcases, kitchen cloth, table cloth, etc...
- You will be in charge of washing them and cleaning them, removing possible stains, drying them, ironing them, checking that they are in a perfect state before folding them in wardrobes or putting them on hangers in the dressings.
- You will also be in charge of ironing all the linen and the clothes.
- You will be in charge of cleaning the wardrobes and the dressings.
- You will be in charge of putting the clothes and the linen within the proper wardrobes and dressings.
- You also need to clean the handbags and the shoes before putting them back in the wardrobes.
- You will be in charge of putting/changing the bedsheets on all the beds, depending on the frequency given by the owners. The beds must always be immaculate and in a perfect state.
- You will also be in charge of contacting the dry cleaners for specific clothes that can not be washed by hand or in a washing machine but need specific treatment and ask them to come and collect them.
You will be in charge of all the housekeeping in the Villa:
- making sure that all the bedrooms and bathrooms are in a perfect state. That the main areas as corridors, living rooms are always dusted, tidy and well organized in accordance to the owner's habits.
- you can help in the service, such as the breakfast service, the lunch service, the dinner service.
You might need to travel to London or New York, if needed.
- You must be very autonomous and able to report and respect your hierarchy in the same time.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about service and likes to work in private villas. Previous experience as a housekeeper or as a Head Housekeeper is MANDATORY.
- You are hands-on in housekeeping, service and have extensive experience in laundry & housekeeping.
- You are multi task and flexible, able to follow the processes that are already implemented and able to be reactive when facing something unusual. If someone in the team needs help, you need to be hands on. The team is very close, and everybody, even the Villa Manager work hands in hands.
- You are a smiling person, you like to work in a team and you are discrete. You have a positive attitude.
- You are autonomous but you know to work in a team.
- You are always on time and present well, you have a real sense of human relations and communication comes with an ease to you.
- You MUST speak English. French or German is a plus.
- You DO NOT HAVE A CRIMINAL RECORD, you are honest and trustworthy.
- You are ready to commit for a LONG TERM
- You are flexible in hours and days off
- You are fully vaccinated
Salary : ( SWISS FRANCS ) CHF 6,000 gross - EUR 6,130 gross /month
Swiss contract - 10 weeks of paid holidays per year
If you wish to apply to this job offer, please make sure beforehand that you have registered on our website at www.marinescence.com and that you have created your profile. Please focus while creating your profile on the experience field, education field and reference field, there are a lot of questions related to crew members, you do not need to focus on them. You can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org Many thanks.
No application will be considered if the process mentioned above has not been followed initially. Please make sure that you have a VISA to work in France or that you are a EU resident to apply for this position.