About the Villa
Is is an absolutely beautiful Villa located on top of the hills of Vallauris, in the " Super Cannes".
The Villa is a beautiful mix between modernity and the charms of Provence, with a 5 hectare garden surrounding it and a fantastic sea view. There is a large swimming pool waiting for the guests at the entrance of the Villa, and beautiful restful areas all around it.
The Villa is only rented by guests during the season, rentals are for one month or 2 weeks at least. The owner can come over but it is quite rare, not more than a week per year. The Villa is generally fully booked.
In regards to the staff, there is one Villa Manager, 2 Governesses, 1 Chef and 1 Handy Man. They work in the Villa on an annual basis. The team is used to work together and is ready to welcome the new staff members.
The Chef that is currently in the Villa work 7 days out of 7 and needs help to prepare implementation for breakfast, lunches and dinners. They have a high standard of cuisine and the current Chef is looking for someone who has experience, able to cook simple food if he is not there and is keen to teach him in order to arrive to high standards.
The Villa has a dedicated area for the staff wherein they can have their lunch breaks, their breaks, have a shower and have a rest when required.
All the position are LIVE OUT.
We are looking for 1 Commis Chef - Kitchen Help ready to start working as of ASAP until the mid of September 2022.
You will have the same duties as the Chef that is already working in the Villa you will report to him and to the Villa Manager. You will have less responsibilities though.
Basically, you will be in charge of peeling vegetables, making breakfast pastries, cleaning the kitchen washing the dishes, making sauces.
They use a lot of the products that are in the vegetable garden.
You will not just be peeling vegetables during all the season of course, this position is for someone who is passionate and wants to gain knowledge in high standards of cuisine.
- You must be very autonomous and able to report and respect your hierarchy in the same time.
- We are looking for someone who is passionate about service and likes to work in private villas. Previous experience as a Chef, Sous Chef, Kitchen Help is required.
- You are comfortable in cooking and have been studying for it.
- You are multi task and flexible, able to follow the processes that are already implemented and able to be reactive when facing something unusual. If someone in the team needs help, you need to be hands on. The team is very close, and everybody, even the Villa Manager work hands in hands.
- You are a smiling person, you like to work in a team and you are discrete. You have a positive attitude.
- You are always on time and present well, you have a real sense of human relations and communication comes with an ease to you.
- You MUST speak french and have at least a good level in english.
- You MUST have a car and a driving licence as THERE ARE NO PUBLIC TRANSPORTS DESERVING THE VILLA. The Villa is on top of a hill and it would take too long to access it from the city center of Vallauris nor Cannes.
Salary : 2300 euros net/ month.
You will have 3 days work - 1 day off - 3 days work ...
IN ORDER TO APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A EU PASSPORT. IF NOT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A VISA AND A WORKING PEMRIT ALLOWING YOU TO WORK IN FRANCE.