About the Villa
It is an absolutely beautiful Villa located on top of the hills of Vallauris, in the " Super Cannes".
The Villa is a beautiful mix of classicism and modernity facing the sea. It is extremely chic and refined, renovated with a superb taste. This Villa has a very high standing and could be compared to the best 4 or 5 * hotels.
This Villa is allowing all the privacy needed while enjoying the view, hidden by among the trees within the Villa's surroundings.
There is also a large dependency within the same property.
In regards to the staff, there are several people working there. The team is used to work together and is ready to welcome the new staff members.
This position is a LIVE OUT position.
We are looking for a Maitre d'Hotel ready to start working as soon as possible until mid September 2022.
We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of service generally speaking and who has a very good eye for detail. You know exactly what needs to be done in order to deliver a proper and high end service. You will give instructions to your team and you will make sure that you share your knowledge with them, in order to to make sure that they can all reach the standards of the house.
You will also have a very good memory to understand the owner's habits and make sure that they always feel comfortable while eating. You will be their direct contact and everything service related will be on your shoulders.
You are used to work in private villas for VIPs and you understand the high standards that need to be met.
You are equally used to work in high end restaurants or hotels and you know the protocoles generally implemented in these establishments. You are therefore very well organized, confident, autonomous.
You also have a strong sense of human relationships and you are a good team leader who can combine demands and training, management and stimulation, always in the nicest way, remaining extremely professional.
You are stress resistant and flexible, you can handle various demands at the same time, without forgetting something during the service. You know that service can sometimes lead to extra working hours and you are flexible in that sense.
You are a good leader and you take responsibility for any eventual mistake which could arise if your team is not trained enough or lack of experience. You know how to explain to them how to proceed and you make sure that everyone is at their best to deliver the best service ever.
You will also give a hand to help cleaning the swimming pool, the garage, if needed.
- You have significant experience in Villas or Luxury Restaurants / Hotels is also welcome.
- Prior Maitre D'Hotel or Head Waiter experience ( ideally 5star, Michelin star restaurants, super yachts level knowledge etc)
- Hardworking with a ‘can-do’ positive attitude
- Flexible approach to tasks
- A strong multi-tasker
- Great teamwork and communication skills as well as the ability to work autonomously
- Service experience is essential
- You are detail orientated and have extensive knowledge of service and caring for luxury materials
- You are very confident in serving food, wine and champagne
- You must be able to work autonomously and able to report to and respect your hierarchy at the same time.
- You are calm, pleasant and above all, discreet.
- You enjoy working in a team and are a multi-tasker. Everyone on the team, including management, is hands on
- You are flexible and can take input constructively, understanding and implementing the very high standard already in place at the Villa.
- You are punctual and well presented, and have good communication skills
- You MUST speak French and English fluently too.
- You MUST have a car and a driver's licence. Public Transport is not a reliable option in the Region
- Excellent presentation
- Knowledge in French service, English service, all kind of services are welcome
- Ensuring the well-being of the owners and guests: reception, installation and setting up, presentation of dishes, wines and drinks. Ensure the cleanliness and good condition of silverware and crockery.
- Your sense of welcome and personalised service sets you apart from other candidates.
- You make a great importance to respect with hygiene and safety procedures and rules.
- You will work with staff members in charge of doing service in the Villa.
- Ability to organise and manage the team.
- Great availability and reactivity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Calm and efficient under operational pressure.
- You have 5 years of successful experience in a butler's position in a gourmet restaurant, in yachting or in a private villa.
- You must have your own car to go to your workplace.
Salary: 2300 - 2500 euros/ month.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A EU PASSPORT. IF NOT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A VISA AND A WORKING PERMIT ALLOWING YOU TO WORK IN FRANCE.