Description about the Villa
It is a beautiful Villa, privately oowned and used, located in the South of France, more precisely on the French Riviera, towards Cannes. This villa has very high standards in terms of service and is used to deliver the best service to the owners and to their guests, when any.
We are looking for a Head Waiter - Maitre d'Hotel ready to start working as soon as possible for the season. The position could be ending beginning October 2022 or beginning November 2022.
We are looking for someone who has a strong sense of service generally speaking and who has a very good eye for detail. You know exactly what needs to be done in order to deliver a proper and high end service. You will give instructions to your team and you will make sure that you share your knowledge with them, in order to to make sure that they can all reach the standards of the house.
You will also have a very good memory to understand the owner's habbits and make sure that they always feel comfortable while eating. You will be their direct contact and everything service related will be on your shoulders.
You are used to work in private villas for VIPs and you understand the high standards that need to be met.
You are equally used to work in high end restaurants or hotels and you know the protocoles generally implemented in these establishments. You are therefore very well organized, confident, autonomous.
You also have a strong sense of human relationships and you are a good team leader who can combine demands and training, management and stimulation, always in the nicest way, remaining extremely professional.
You are stress resistant and flexible, you can handle various demands at the same time, without forgetting so;ething during the service. You know that service can sometimes lead to extra working hours and you are flexible in that sense.
You are a good leader and you take responsibility for any eventual mistake which could arrise if your team is not trained enough or lack off experience. You know how to explain to them how to proceed and you make sure that everyone is at their best to deliver the best service ever.
- You have significant experience in Villas or Luxury Restaurants / Hotels is also welcome.
- Prior Maitre D'Hotel or Head Waiter experience ( ideally 5star, michelin star restaurants, superyachts level knowledge etc)
- Hardworking with a ‘can-do’ positive attitude
- Flexible approach to tasks
- A strong multi-tasker
- Great teamwork and communication skills as well as the ability to work autonomously
- Service experience is essential
- You are detail orientated and have extensive knowledge of service and caring for luxury materials
- You are very confident in serving food, wine and champagne
- You must be able to work autonomously and able to report to and respect your hierarchy at the same time.
- You are calm, pleasant and above all, discreet.
- You enjoy working in a team and are a multi-tasker. Everyone on the team, including management, is hands on
- You are flexible and can take input constructively, understanding and implementing the very high standard already in place at the Villa.
- You are punctual and well presented, and have good communication skills
- You MUST speak french and english fluently too.
- You MUST have a car and a driver's licence. Public Transport is not a reliable option in the Region
- MUST BE VACCINATED (Covid)
- Excellent presentation
- Knowledge in French service, English service, all kind of services are welcome
- Ensuring the well-being of the owners and guests: reception, installation and setting up, presentation of dishes, wines and drinks. Ensure the cleanliness and good condition of silverware and crockery.
- Your sense of welcome and personalised service sets you apart from other candidates.
- You make a great importance to respect with hygiene and safety procedures and rules.
- You will work with staff members in charge of doing service in the Villa.
- Ability to organise and manage the team.
- Great availability and reactivity, discretion and confidentiality.
- Calm and efficient under operational pressure.
You speak English fluently, if you are not bilingual, you express yourself clearly.
You have 5 years of successful experience in a butler's position in a gourmet restaurant, in yachting or in a private villa.
Butler training is welcome.
You must have your own car to go to your workplace.
Salary: depending on profile
Live out position.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A EU PASSPORT. IF NOT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A VISA AND A WORKING PERMIT ALLOWING YOU TO WORK IN FRANCE.
Please make sure that you have registered on our website at www.marinescence.com and completed your profile to apply. All applications coming through our website www.marinescence.com will be considered. Please focus while creating your profile on the experience field, education field and reference field, there are a lot of questions related to crew members, you do not need to focus on them. You can contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org