About the Villa
Is is an absolutely beautiful Villa located in Ramatuelle overlooking the Bay of Pampelonne.
The Villa, approximately 500 m2 interior space, consists of 6 bedrooms and is surrounded by beautiful gardens as well as a natural park reserve.
The Villa is owned and used by a mature German couple during the summer season, it is for private use of the family only and not used for rentals.
Family or invited guests typically come to visit for 2-3 weeks during the summer, guests with small children arrive with their own nanny.
They are accompanied by their 2 large dogs, so all staff need to be comfortable with large dogs.
The Villa is managed Year Round by a couple who function as House Manager and Chef, they supervise all staff, interior and exterior including supervising all repairs and vendors. The Villa is staffed during the summer season with 2 Housekeepers, one of which is the main housekeeper position currently needing filling and the other is primarily in laundry but assists with cleaning duties as well. The Villa also staffs a chauffeur and nightly security during the summer months as well as a year round, full time gardener.
The position is LIVE OUT, however housing may be provided if the candidate is not from the area.
We are looking for a Second Housekeeper who is ready to start working as of mid March to mid September 2022, but may need to extend through end of October as the owner may return for a trip in October 2022.
We are looking for a dedicated, skilled and meticulous former stewardess/ housekeeper to join the established team in a private property near St Tropez which consists of 6+ bedrooms. You will be very hands-on with housekeeping across all areas of the property, besides cleaning, changing beds, dusting etc., assisting the House Manager in preparing the property for arrivals/ departures including opening and closing the property. A skilled eye and attention to detail as well as experience with luxury materials is requisite.
This is a household where exceptionally high standards are required at all times, and this role requires a diligent individual who takes pride when things are done correctly and thoroughly. Knowledge cleaning, caring for and maintaining high end luxury materials is a must.
Primary work hours are mornings from 7:30 am-12:30 /1pm 7 days a week for 4 months, The Primary is not in residence the entire 6 months, some of this time is used to help set up and prepare for arrivals. he Primary couple return a few times to Germany throughout the season where they are based. When they are not in residence and we have all in place, work is only 1-2 times per week. The Owners are a mature German couple (2) who are the primary residents of the property during the Season. No entertaining except for family visits during 3 weeks in the summer.
When the Villa does have additional guests outside of the primary couple, it may be necessary to return for 2 hours in the evenings to help with turn downs, bringing in towels from pool and just helping out to clean up after guests before and during dinner. This can be alternated with the Head Houskeeper so it will not be solely left on one person every night.
This role is a live-out position, however for the right candidate, who wants to move to the area, the villa manger will consider helping financially towards an apartment.
- Daily housekeeping and cleaning of the property
- Cleaning and tidying bedrooms as well restocking toiletries
- Liaising with other team members
- Occasionally supporting service team
- Daily morning and evening house set up (some evenings when additional family or guests are on property, typically only 2-3 weeks out of the season) May include helping setting up and breaking down the pool loungers and towels. This task has been handled by the chef thus far but during a period of heavy guest traffic, a relief in this area would be optimal.
- You have significant experience in the Yachting industry i.e. Stewardess. Experience in Villas or Luxury Hotels is also welcome.
- Prior stewardess or high end housekeeping experience ( ideally 5star, superyachts level knowledge etc)
- Hardworking with a ‘can-do’ positive attitude
- Flexible approach to tasks
- A strong multi-tasker
- Great teamwork and communication skills as well as the ability to work autonomously
- Service experience would be advantageous but not essential
- Must be comfortable with large dogs ( 2)
- You are detail orientated and have extensive knowledge of cleaning and caring for luxury materials
- You are very confident in housekeeping, and comfortable helping on occasion with laundry and service.
- You must be able to work autonomously and able to report to and respect your hierarchy at the same time.
- You are calm, pleasant and above all, discreet.
- You enjoy working in a team and are a multi-tasker. Everyone on the team, including management, is hands on
- You are flexible and can take input constructively, understanding and implementing the very high standard already in place at the Villa.
- You are punctual and well presented, and have good communication skills
- You MUST speak french and english fluently too. Knowledge of German is welcome, but not necessary
- You MUST have a car and a driver's licence. Public Transport is not a reliable option in the Region
- MUST BE VACCINATED (Covid)
French contract : 6 month contract - CDD
Working rhythm : It is a quite nice working rhythm as you will working from 7:30 am-12:30 /1pm 7 days a week for 4 months. Salary is a full time salary.
You will be working 7 days out of 7 when the owners are in the Villa but you will have 2 - 3 days off per week when owners are not on property.
Salary : 1500 - 2000 euros net / month - Depending on profile
Rent : payed for by the employers if you are not already living in the area.
IN ORDER TO APPLY, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A EU PASSPORT. IF NOT, PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT YOU HAVE A VISA AND A WORKING PERMIT ALLOWING YOU TO WORK IN FRANCE.
Please make sure that you have registered on our website at www.marinescence.com and completed your profile to apply. All applications coming through our website www.marinescence.com will be considered. Please focus while creating your profile on the experience field, education field and reference field, there are a lot of questions related to crew members, you do not need to focus on them. You can contact us directly at email@example.com Many thanks.